Studies have shown that when a furnace has annual tune ups, 1/3 has much less breakdowns.
Tune Up and Safety Checks for Furnaces are:
- Replacement of nozzle, oil filter, pump screen
- New electrodes if necessary
- Combustion chamber/heat exchanger inspected for damage and holes.
- Burner flame: A check of air adjustment is performed
- Motors: If required, replace belts and oil. Proper operations will also be inspected.
- Vent pipe to chimney: Inspect the pressure of the draft and pipe.
- Brush and vacuum boiler/furnace to remove all scale and soot.
- Blower wheel: Clean and inspect.Furnace filters: Note correct replacement size and look over condition.
- Controls: All the controls and safety devices will be inspected.
- Start up boiler and furnace again.
- Give a record of the tune up written out.
- Answer any and all questions to the work completed dealing with maintenance, operation and efficiency.
© 2021. Patriot Oil Burner Service / Derry, NH / (603) 505-4543 / All Rights Reserved / Design: RobergeDesign.com